With definitions and grammar, the Swedish dictionary is an important tool for anyone who wants to give a professional impression by having a good command of and confidence in their use of the language.
The Swedish dictionary contains parts of speech and inflected forms, making it easy to find out how to write a word. Explanations, examples and the specialist field are also given for many terms, in addition to some alternative spellings, pronunciations and etymology (the history of a word).
This useful monolingual dictionary is supplied with the Swedish ↔ English dictionary at no extra cost.
Clue Swedish dictionary
- Contains grammar – parts of speech, inflected forms and some synonyms are provided.
- Gives explanations for many words.
- Contains a large general vocabulary, such as titles, abbreviations and compound terms.
- Covers a range of specialist fields (see examples below).
- Is quality assured by our editors.
- Is supplied with the Swedish ↔ English dictionary.
Examples of specialist fields
anatomy, archaeology, astronomy, aviation, biology, botany, building, chemistry, commerce, economics, electricity, geography, geology, geometry, grammar, graphics, IT, law, linguistics, mathematics, medicine, music, navigation, petroleum, pharmacology, philosophy, phonetics, photography, physics, politics, psychology, public administration, railways, shipping, stock exchange and zoology.