Norwegian (bokmål) dictionary
This comprehensive monolingual dictionary, containing both definitions and grammar, is supplied with all of our dictionaries at no extra cost.
The Norwegian (bokmål) dictionary is a extensive and useful monolingual dictionary that contains parts of speech and inflected forms, making it easy to find out how to write a word. Examples, synonyms and the specialist field are also given for many terms, in addition to some pronunciations and etymology (the history of a word). The extensive vocabulary enables users to vary the language and to use proper Norwegian.
Many of the specialist terms used in, for example, law and economics, are explained in this dictionary.
Where there are two official spellings inbokmål, both are given (e.g.fram/frem). In addition to general language, compound terms and a variety of technical terms, a number of dialect words and historical words can also be found, making the dictionary an effective aid when reading old texts and literature.
With definitions and grammar, the Norwegian (bokmål) dictionary is an important aid for anyone who wants to give a professional impression by having a good command of and confidence in their use of the language.
Clue Norwegian (bokmål) dictionary
- Contains grammar – parts of speech, inflected forms and some synonyms are provided. Alternative spellings are also given.
- Gives explanations for many words, in addition to some example sentences.
- Contains a large general vocabulary, such as titles, abbreviations and compound terms.
- Covers a range of specialist fields (see examples below).
- Is quality assured by our editors.
- Is supplied with all of our dictionaries.
Examples of specialist fields
anatomy, archaeology, astronomy, aviation, biology, botany, building, chemistry, commerce, economics, electricity, geography, geology, geometry, grammar, graphics, IT, law, linguistics, mathematics, medicine, music, navigation, petroleum, pharmacology, philosophy, phonetics, photography, physics, politics, psychology, public administration, railways, shipping, stock exchange and zoology.