A comprehensive technical dictionary for anyone who needs precise translations of various technical terms within, for example, building and construction, telecoms and IT, oil and offshore. The dictionary also contains general business language.
Clue Technical dictionary has been developed together with industry and the business community, and reflects the language used within various fields (see examples below). It is beneficial for anyone working in industrial operations, manufacturing, technology and high-tech companies, to name but a few.
The dictionary contains standard and specialist technical terms that are used in a variety of industries. Clue Technical also has a large range of more general words, abbreviations and general business language.
Clue Technical is particularly well suited for
- Anyone who needs precise translations of different technical terms
- Engineers, technicians and technical translators
- High-tech companies
- Industrial companies
- Technology companies
- Production companies
- Educational establishments at college and university level
- Provides definitions both ways – if you select English ↔ Norwegian, you will get both the Norwegian–English and English–Norwegian dictionary.
- Saves time – several words are defined in the same entry. Clue searches while you write, and often finds the answer before you have finished writing the word.
- Covers a large number of different fields (see examples below).
- Also covers general business language.
- Is always up-to-date and relevant – Clue is developed on an ongoing basis together with industry and the business community in order to ensure that it reflects the language used within various fields.
- Is quality assured by our network of editors, experts and technical translators.
- Includes grammar and explanations – parts of speech, inflected forms, explanations and example sentences are provided.
Examples of specialist fields
The following is a small selection of the fields that are covered in Clue Technical:
architecture, astronautics, aviation, building and construction, cars, cartography, chemistry, concrete, corrosion, diving, electricity, electronics, energy, environment, environmental engineering, fibre optics, fire prevention, fluid mechanics, forestry, geology, graphic, heating, ventilation and sanitation, hydrotechnics, IT, materials technology, mathematics, mechanics, metal work, mining, nuclear physics, paint, petroleum, physics, plastics and process technology, QA, radio/TV, railways, road building, shipping, telecoms engineering, tools, transport, turbines, waste technology, water technology and woodwork.